Deliver the Lift for Life Program
To deliver a Lift for Life® program you must first complete the requirements of a Lift for Life® training workshop.
Date: Thursday 22nd & Friday 23rd November 2018
Time: 8:45am - 4pm
Where: Meadowbank NSW TAFE
Date: Friday 29th & Saturday 30th June 2018
Where: Next Gen, War Memorial Drive, North Adelaide SA 5006
Register your interest for future Lift for Life workshops
- The training is run over two consecutive days, generally from 9am - 4pm on both days.
- Prior to the training, participants are asked to watch a few online videos and answer some accompanying questions that need to be handed in at the training workshop.
Following the training, participants have one month to complete a short assessment based on the information presented.
The training is comprised of ten learning modules:
- The Lift for Life® Market
- Common Chronic Conditions
- Diabetes Explained
- Current Resistance Training Research
- Strength Training Guidelines
- The Lift for Life Program
- Exercise Pre-Screening, Assessment & Prescription
- Safety Considerations
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Who is eligible to attend the training?
Hold a Certificate IV in Fitness (Personal Trainer), AND have a minumim of two years work experience as a registered exercise professional
OR be an accredited
- Exercise Physiologist
- Physiotherapists, or
Trainers need to complete ongoing education every two years to maintain delivery of the Lift for Life program.
This training workshop is an approved Continuing Education course with Fitness Australia (15 CECs).
Note: Lift for Life® is licenced to Fitness Australia and developed by Baker Diabetes & Heart Institute. Completion of the Lift for Life® workshop does not oblige participants to become registered to deliver the Lift for Life® program.
I find that G.P’s are quite impressed with the participant's progress report I send them and this helps them believe in the program and refer more clients to our facilities.
News More News
Lift for Life Workshop coming to Sydney
A Lift for Life training workshop will be hosted in Sydney - November 2018. Read more
Every cancer patient should be prescribed exercise medicine
Every four minutes someone in Australia is diagnosed with cancer. Only one in ten of those diagnosed will exercise enough during and after their treatment. But every one of those patients would benefit from exercise. Read more