Lift for Life® Trainers are accredited for 2 years after attending a 2-day training workshop and completing the required assessments. In order to maintain Lift for Life® accreditation after this two year period, all trainers are required to complete the following 3 tasks:
1. Complete one of the following workshops which focus on evidence based research and dealing with chronic conditions:
- Lungs in Action;
- Beat It: Physical Activity and Lifestyle Program;
- Mental Health First Aid Standard Course;
- Falls & Ballance CEC approved programs; or
- Other validated evidence based chronic disease programs delivered at University level or accredited by Fitness Australia - for list of accredited CEC programs visit www.fitness.org.au/courses. For confirmation of whether the other evidence based chronic programs are appropriate please contact the Training Coordinator.
2. Read articles and complete the quiz (20 questions) about Diabetes and Exercise.
3. Maintain your current registration within your professional industry body i.e. Personal Trainers with Fitness Australia; Exercise Physiologists with Exercise Sports Science Australia; Physiotherapists with Australian Physiotherapy Association.
On completion of these three tasks please email, fax, or post (details below) a copy of your certificates of completion and a copy of your current registration with your relevant professional body to the Training Coordinator.
Submit to: Lift for Life® Training Coordinator
Level 3, 180 Albert Rd
South Melbourne VIC 3205
Fax: +613 9645 0925
Successful completion of these tasks will enable allocation of one CEC for Fitness Australia Registered Exercise Professionals.