A call for volunteer exercisers in Melbourne!
Come and join a new study conducted by Deakin University in Burwood to investigate the health benefits of vitamin D and protein combined with resistance training versus resistance exercise alone, in the management of type 2 diabetes.
As part of your involvement in the study you will receive;
- FREE assessment of your muscle strength and function
- FREE bone density and body composition assessments
- FREE blood lipid and cholesterol measures
- FREE assessment of your vitamin D levels
You can take part in this trial if you;
· Have type 2 diabetes and are not taking insulin.
· Are aged 50 to 75 years.
Why you should take part;
· You’ll receive a range of free health assessments
· You’ll achieve positive health benefits by participating in the Lift for Life program
· Your exercise sessions will be part of a small friendly group environment
· You’ll be part of an Australian Government trial investigating a novel strategy to manage type 2 diabetes.
This project is funded by NHMRC and is being conducted by Deakin University in collaboration with Curtin University, Fitness Australia and Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute.